Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy
New BRPAA Temporary Policies and Procedures for 2020
New BRPAA Temporary Policies and Procedures for 2020
Thank you for choosing Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy as your performing arts educational experience. We are here to serve your needs and are happy to welcome you to our family and be part of our programs in Rocky Mount, Virginia!
For Policies and Procedures, please read through this page. All students and parents need to read through these and agree
prior to registration and mark that you have read and agree with them when asked during online registration. Competition Students will also need to refer to Company Competition Program tab and read through and sign their competition contract as well. We are here to answer any questions you may have so if you don't understand something please don't hesitate to call or email us!
Online registration must be completed by the parent or guardian and approved by BRPAA for each family wishing to enroll with BRPAA. A non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 per family will be required and is due within 5 days of registration in order to hold a place in the class. Each class will be closed to enrollment once capacity is reached. A class must have at least six students for it to be held. Classes will begin on September 8th, 2020
- All group classes are held Monday to Thursday.
- Recreational classes are available for ages 2.5 to adult.Recreational classes are based on age, however, if a student needs to be moved up or down based on experience, we will be glad to do that with teacher recommendation once they have seen them in class a few times.
- **Parent observation is currently suspended until further notice but we will make an opportunity to allow you to watch hopefully in the near future.
- **Competition students that were on the Xtreme Team during 2019/2020 will not need to audition for the classes that they were already in and can only audition for the New or Select teams that have been set up. Auditions are July 20th and 27th from 4:30 to 8:45 and are open to both competition and recreational students.
Dance Performance Opportunities
- A Spring Showcase will be held in the Spring but at this current time we do not have a date. A $25 non-refundable recital fee per family is due by January 1st and will include free admission and a free tshirt for each student. Additional tshirts may be purchased prior to recital.
- Competition students will be asked to participate in 2 mandatory competitions this upcoming season. Your contract will contain more specific information.
- Recreational and Ballet student costumes will range between $45 and $90 per dance style. These fees are due by November 15th and are non-refundable. Please refer to the Costume Page with more specific information under the Dance Class Information Tab.
- Competition student costumes will range between $45 and $120 per dance style. These fees are due by October 1st in order to have them by competition time. Some custom made costumes may be needed but prior notification of price will be given to parent prior to submitting those to the seamstress.
- A class being canceled by the academy due to weather conditions will not be re-scheduled unless two classes in the same month are cancelled. In this case, 1/2 months tuition will be credited to your account.
- If an instructor is unable to teach a class on any given day, every effort will be made to have a trained substitute facilitate the class. If that is not possible, the instructor will re-schedule that class on a Friday or Saturday. If the class needs to be rescheduled we will try to accommodate as many students as possible.
- BRPAA does not follow the school schedule as there are so many teacher workdays and extra holidays included in their annual schedule. Classes will be held even if school is closed if the academy is not also recognizing a holiday. Please see Holiday schedule below for days that BRPAA observes for holidays.
- Tuition is due on the 1st day of every month. A 7 day grace period is allowed before a $20 late fee is applied.
- If payment is not received by the 15th of the month on which it is due, the student will not be allowed to continue to participate in the program until their tuition has been paid in full.
- Tuition is not pro-rated during any month other than for inclement weather policy.
- BRPAA does not mail out monthly bills. There are 3 forms of payment accepted.
- Checks (made payable to BRPAA)
- Paypal (send payments directly through paypal site and indicate that you are sending to a friend to keep from incurring fees
- Cash (made payable in the office in envelopes provided)
- There is a $40 fee for checks that are returned for NSF, and cash will be required to alleviate this.
Classroom Rules (this is still in effect with some minor changes due to COVID)
- CELLPHONES MUST BE DOCKED IN CLASSROOM.
- Arrive in class on time.
- No gum, food, or drink is allowed in the classroom (only bottled water).
- Do not enter classroom if another class is in progress.
- Please use the restroom before entering your class.
- Hair must be in a ponytail or bun as defined by the teacher. Finish grooming prior to entering the classroom.
- No hanging on the ballet barres.
- No dangling jewelry or bracelets.
- Proper attire and shoes must be worn to class.
- All students must be respectful of the instructors as well as other students.
- Prior permission must be obtained from the instructor before video observation.
- Cubbies are provided in each studio for dance and book bags. Do no put these items in the lobby floor area.
- Parents, students or other guests are not allowed in the classroom unless teacher has given permission.
- Please be on time picking up the student from class.
- Students are not allowed to play or gather outside.
- Students under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian into and out of the studio
- Please do not tap or put your hands on the glass in the waiting room.
- BRPAA does not tolerate harassment, foul language, verbal threats, or unruly behavior from students or their parents and family. In situations of such behavior, the student’s registration may immediately be terminated with no refund.
- Please do not sit in the floor as this can be dangerous for people walking. Appropriate seating is provided in the lobby area.
Release From Liability and Authorization
When registering online, you agree that you have read and accepted our Policies and Procedures and further agree to the following:
The student you are registering is in good health and can participate in the enrolled classes. Upon registration, you hereby agree to release BRPAA from any liability for any accident or injury occurring in or around the premises of Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy or at any other locations where BRPAA participates in an event.
In the event of an injury or emergency, you give BRPAA permission to obtain medical services for the enrolled student. As long as the above rules are followed, there should be no incident that would cause injury, but we do ask that parents realize that we are not able to watch your children until they are in our classroom taking classes. It will be your responsibility to be with your child prior to their class and immediately after.
The following holidays will be observed by BRPAA, and no classes will be held on those days. There will be no makeup classes offered if a class falls on one of the following holidays:
At this time, until we know more about how schools are going to run, we will have to let you know about holidays and closings based on that information. We will let you know at least one week in advance.