Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy
BRPAA Policies and Procedures for 2019–2020
BRPAA Policies and Procedures for 2019–2020
Thank you for choosing Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy as your performing arts educational experience. We are here to serve your needs and are happy to welcome you to our family and be part of our programs in Rocky Mount, Virginia!
For Policies and Procedures, please read through this page. All students and parents need to read through these and agree
prior to registration and mark that you have read and agree with them when asked during online registration. Competition Students will also need to refer to Company Competition Program tab and read through and sign their competition contract as well. We are here to answer any questions you may have so if you don't understand something please don't hesitate to call or email us!
Online registration must be completed by the parent or guardian and approved by BRPAA for each family wishing to enroll with BRPAA. A non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 per family will be required and is due within 5 days of registration in order to hold a place in the class. Each class will be closed to enrollment once capacity is reached. A class must have at least six students for it to be held. Classes will begin on August 5th, 2019.
- All group classes are held Monday to Thursday.
- Recreational classes are available for ages 2.5 to adult.Recreational classes are based on age, however, if a student needs to be moved up or down based on experience, we will be glad to do that with teacher recommendation once they have seen them in class a few times.
- Parent observation will be available weekly unless it is too distracting in which case parent-view opportunities will be given.
- Competition students are auditioned in May for CCP and will need to agree to specific rules for that program.
Dance Performance Opportunities
- A Winter Showcase will be held the 1st Friday in December during the "Welcome Home to a Franklin County Christmas" festivities and performances will be held outside. A BRPAA sweatshirt will be required for this performance as well as black leggings. Admission is free.
- A Spring Showcase will be held the 1st Saturday in June for both recreational and competition students. A $25 non-refundable recital fee per family is due by November 1st and will include free admission and a free tshirt for each student. Additional tshirts may be purchased prior to recital.
- Competition students will be asked to participate in multiple performing opportunities in addition to their regional and nationals competitions. Please refer to your contract for possible performance opportunities.
- Recreational and Ballet student costumes will range between $45 and $65 per dance style. These fees are due by November 15th and are non-refundable. Combo classes will strive to use only 1 costume per class but may need to purchase a second one if we cannot find a style that would be appropriate for both styles.
- Competition student costumes will range between $45 and $120 per dance style. These fees are due by October 1st in order to have them by competition time. Some custom made costumes may be needed but prior notification of price will be given to parent prior to submitting those to the seamstress.
- A class being canceled by the academy due to weather conditions will not be re-scheduled unless two classes in the same month are cancelled. In this case, 1/2 months tuition will be credited to your account.
- If an instructor is unable to teach a class on any given day, every effort will be made to have a trained substitute facilitate the class. If that is not possible, the instructor will re-schedule that class on a Friday or Saturday. If the class needs to be rescheduled we will try to accommodate as many students as possible.
- BRPAA does not follow the school schedule as there are so many teacher workdays and extra holidays included in their annual schedule. Classes will be held even if school is closed if the academy is not also recognizing a holiday. Please see Holiday schedule below for days that BRPAA observes for holidays.
- Tuition is due on the 1st day of every month. A 7 day grace period is allowed before a $20 late fee is applied.
- If payment is not received by the 15th of the month on which it is due, the student will not be allowed to continue to participate in the program until their tuition has been paid in full.
- Tuition is not pro-rated during any month other than for inclement weather policy.
- BRPAA does not mail out monthly bills. There are 3 forms of payment accepted.
- Checks (made payable to BRPAA)
- Paypal (send payments directly through paypal site and indicate that you are sending to a friend to keep from incurring fees
- Cash (made payable in the office in envelopes provided)
- There is a $40 fee for checks that are returned for NSF, and cash will be required to alleviate this.
- NO CELLPHONES ARE ALLOWED IN CLASSROOM.
- Arrive in class on time.
- No gum, food, or drink is allowed in the classroom (only bottled water).
- Do not enter classroom if another class is in progress.
- Please use the restroom before entering your class.
- Hair must be in a ponytail or bun as defined by the teacher. Finish grooming prior to entering the classroom.
- No hanging on the ballet barres.
- No dangling jewelry or bracelets.
- Proper attire and shoes must be worn to class.
- All students must be respectful of the instructors as well as other students.
- Prior permission must be obtained from the instructor before video observation.
- Hooks are provided for dance and book bags. Do no put these items in the lobby floor area.
- Parents, students or other guests are not allowed in the classroom unless teacher has given permission.
- Please be on time picking up the student from class.
- Students are not allowed to play or gather outside.
- Students under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian into and out of the studio
- Please do not tap or put your hands on the glass in the waiting room.
- BRPAA does not tolerate harassment, foul language, verbal threats, or unruly behavior from students or their parents and family. In situations of such behavior, the student’s registration may immediately be terminated with no refund.
- Please do not sit in the floor as this can be dangerous for people walking. Appropriate seating is provided in the lobby area.
Release From Liability and Authorization
When registering online, you agree that you have read and accepted our Policies and Procedures and further agree to the following:
The student you are registering is in good health and can participate in the enrolled classes. Upon registration, you hereby agree to release BRPAA from any liability for any accident or injury occurring in or around the premises of Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy or at any other locations where BRPAA participates in an event.
In the event of an injury or emergency, you give BRPAA permission to obtain medical services for the enrolled student. As long as the above rules are followed, there should be no incident that would cause injury, but we do ask that parents realize that we are not able to watch your children until they are in our classroom taking classes. It will be your responsibility to be with your child prior to their class and immediately after.
The following holidays will be observed by BRPAA, and no classes will be held on those days. There will be no makeup classes offered if a class falls on one of the following holidays:
Labor Day: Monday, September 2
Halloween: Thursday, October 31st
Thanksgiving: Wednesday and Thursday, November 27 – 29th
Christmas Break: December 23rd – January 5th
Spring Break: April 6 – 10th
Other holidays may be observed; prior notice will be given
in that case.
We Are Moving
Blue Ridge Performing Arts Academy is moving into a new location, and we are so excited! Below is our new address:
455 South Main Street
Rocky Mount, Virginia 24151
(Across the road from the hospital between Bliss Salon and Spa and Julia Beth’s Boutique)